Welcome to LoveLetters, a monthly roundup of upcoming events, inspiring ideas and products we love. Our goal is to produce an issue of our newsletter towards the end of each month that will provide an overview of what we've been up to at LovEd and what we're loving lately.
This past month has been a busy one for us here at LovEd.
We hosted a Happiness Hour (once a week for four weeks) where we got together with our community to talk about love and life while enjoying great food and drinks.
On February 2nd, we were interviewed on the Bob Rose show and you can find photos and more details from this event here.
We had our second LovEd Live event on February 10th where we discussed doing V-Day the LovEd way and on February 14th, we were interviewed for the podcast "In Her Voice" by Kelly Covert where we talked about the New Model for Love.
On top of that, we've begun brainstorming a LovEd singles event that you won't want to miss, so stay tuned for updates!
BE THE 5 Segment:
LovEd's Clarity Program teaches us how to be a level 5 on the Emotional Maturity (EM) Scale. Each month, we feature someone who has inspired us with their high level of EM, meaning they've chosen not to take things personally, respond reactively or approach the situation in a way that contributes to the problem.
Our inspiration this month is Brandon Truaxe, founder of DECIEM the "Abnormal Beauty Company". This Canadian skincare and beauty mogul focuses on maintaining transparency, eccentricity and accountability with his business. He's recently taken to social media to make a public apology, and has vowed to remove all plastic (including bags, droppers and foundation bottles) from his company. Click here and here to find more about Brandon and how DECIEM came about.
LovEd Loves: Our Favorite Podcasts:
Here are our favorite podcasts in the realm of self-help, relationships and personal-growth:
- Oprah's "SuperSoul Conversations" Podcast features conversations with the world's top thinkers, teachers and luminaries.
- Esther Perel's Podcast"Where Should We Begin" takes us into the therapist's chair and allows us to experience alongside couples who are struggling to overcome interpersonal issues.
- "Together Guide" is a twice weekly podcast from reformed divorce lawyer Erik Newton that walks us through the work required to have successful relationships through a series of honest conversations with real couples.
- "Modern Love: The Podcast" adds new dimension to the popular New York Times column Modern Love, with readings by notable personalities and updates from the essayists.
- The "Dear Sugars" Podcast tackles all questions — even the deep, dark ones — and offers radical empathy in response.
Visit LovEd Loves for more recommendations.
THINGS WE're LOVING LATELY
- Our article "Love Is A Verb" was feature in Gainesville's HOME Magazine this month
- The fact that we sold out our Happiness Hour event four weeks in a row!
- Shannon Leigh discusses Types of Love, tapping into all the nuances of relationships and what she constitutes as real love
- This article that discusses how to be a tiny bit better at first dates
- Mark Manson talking about three important life skills that nobody ever taught you
- How being raised by anxious parents could be affecting your mental health
- Our V-day is Cliche Contest is finished, and the winners are: Holly W in first place, and Breanna M in second. See their entries here:
MEET OUR TEAM
Here at LovEd, we wouldn't be able to do half of what we do if it weren't for our team of engaging, enthusiastic and creative team members. Each month, we'll introduce you to a new member of the LovEd Team and share a short description so you get a better insight into who we are and what we're made of. You can find out more about our team here and our Fearless Leader, right here.
Wishing you all a wonderful month ahead! Feel free to show us some love by liking and sharing our blog post, or leave us a love note at the bottom on the page.
You are LovEd ,
Dr. Isabell Springer
& The LovEd Team